families are forever!

families are forever!

"A Child

will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, home happier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."


3rd Nephi 17:21-23 "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this he wept again; And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them; Behold your little ones.."
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's Broken.....

Valerie fell off the tramp today (may 6th), she was climbing off and some how fell forward and landed on her right arm (thankgoodness...she is left handed!) she broke both bones just below the wrist...when she showed me where it hurt and I touched it I knew right away is was not right because I felt it move...ooooohhhh....poor thing...needless to say she had a really good 30 min nap....while they were setting her arm (they put her to sleep) and she told grandma Peggy "It was the best nap of her life!" LOL....she was soooo brave!

She was really sad here...we were waiting for the dr...x-rays done and the techs were trying super hard to maker her not sad, warm blankets, pillows...ect...one of the cute little tech's came out with stickers...now normally Val is a sticker kinda gal...but not so much today...the Tech said "here are some cool stickers, you get to be apart of our cool club...the broken bone club..." Val's response was..."I don't want to be apart of your stupid club.....(wahhhwahh!), I want my daddy!!!"  so daddy was called to come up...because she had eaten around 4 and this was just after 6 we had to WAIT for a while to have her arm set...


 (see the breaks...ouch!!!)




















so i came home and settled the kids all in then went back to the hospital....by then the Tylenol with Codeine had kicked in pretty good...the tears were gone and she was happily watching Hannah Montana... 

I have a really cute picture of her and Dr. Wade...but I was told I couldn't post it!!! BOOO!!!! He knows I love to blog!!! Rude!!!

All set....in a soft cast and a sling for a week then a hard cast....a few days home from school....when she came back from the OR (she had to be put under for them to set her arm) and when they wheeled her back out she looked up at the nurse and said "will you please tell my dad to put the TV back on the disney channel!" lol...no hi mom or dad....lol...to funny, then for the next 2 hours she was NON-STOP CHATTER!!!! lol...the juice they gave her to go to sleep was for sure Happy Juice!!! lol :)


Hiding.....had a rough night.....dad is the best to help those hurts!!!






THE CAST...(5 days later).....first I have to tell a funny story....this morning when Val got up to get dressed this is our conversation
(V) "mom, my fingers hurt really bad, they are really tight"
(M) "I know baby, we will go to the dr and they will take the splint off and put a cast on and your fingers will feel better.."
(V) "Okay mom....but this hand (holding up her good hand)...it is just a little dizzy!!!" LOL CRACKED ME UP!!!! I just had to hug her and tell her how much I love her...she makes me giggle!!!...okay...CAST....
NOW....I was only told the first day (when she broke her arm a week ago) I couldn't post THAT picture...he said NOTHING about TODAY!!! (hee hee!!!)  Double wrapped (huge) but this office KNOWS her well!! LOL!....re-xray in 4 weeks!!! (when we get home from az!!) Purple cast...posing with brother....lol...we took her to lunch..then when we got back to the school she smacked that arm on the cement and said "look mom, it's already hard!!"...oh my crap she is going to make me go bald...from tearing out my HAIR!!! lol....Purple cast, posing with Bubba....

No comments: