14 years.....Well actually we have been together for 17 1/2 years....we started dating October 1992! Well our first date was Oct 12th...LOL! ~ I know, I can remember our first date and everything about it...but I don't remember 2007! (read on!) Anyway....so we dated a few years, and got engaged on December 26th 1995....

Announcement Pictures....
1996 - Temple Marriage April 5, 1996, Moved to Gunnison and started our new life (Rhett was already living here...) went on a HUGE multi state trip...19 states in 19 days! (my first so far from UT). Rhett has his appendix out, a hernia fixed and his first Heart ablation (all with in the FIRST 6 months of MARRIAGE!!) I get called to teach in Primary (those kids are now in COLLEGE!)
1997 - Rhett went back to school, I got the first of MANY jobs.. Brady moved in with us! Get called to the YW program....( these girls are now MOM's, most of them are anyway....)
1998 - traveled a lot...tried my hand as a VB Coach (that didn't work to good).....rhett still teaching and coaching and teach Sunday school at the prison (calling he had before marriage)
1999 - Got pregnant and Bought a house, get released from YW...join Primary....

2000 - quit my job and started the best one as a mom...Dallin was born on March 2, 2000. Brady graduated High School, Rhett finished/graduated with his Master's Degree Oct2001 - 9/11 happens and one month later we had our first daughter....Jentrie, October 14th. She spent 10 days in NICU...
2002 - Dallin had 2 sets of stitches 3 weeks apart...first set on his bottom lip, second set on his finger. Started the garage (still looks the same...unfinished :) goal for summer 2010!) Rhett goes thru and helps his football team thru the loss of one of his boys...Andy is remembered every year on Oct.13th....
2003 - Sold the 'Car' and bought a Suburban (NEVER thought I would own one of those..guess you should never say never!)then had another daughter, baby #3...Valerie, July 25th (another NICU experience) another loss of another football boy...just over a year after Andy, Ryan is though of often every November! Grandma Maxine passed away :(2004 - hum...don't remember this year! lol! No, Brady served his first tour in Iraq :( his family moves back to sanpete...and I was PREGNANT again! :) another BOY! I start babysitting.....OH...Jentrie cut many " of hair off...so her first hair cut! it was more than 5" and it happened on the day we played Football in Manti! lol...funny how I remember THAT!!
2005 - rhett had his 2nd heart ablation, Valerie had her first set of ear tubes, 5 weeks later we had baby #4, Peyton, April 8th...our family is complete (BTW...still in Gunnison, teaching , coaching...ect)
The newborn picture of Bubba isn't the best...BUT I just had to post how big he was...he weighed 10lbs even! Seriously check out that LEG!!! He was SOOO huge! and that is where he got the nick name BUBBA! :)
2006 - Rhett went back to school 2006, becomes Elders Quorum Pres...(current) our house gets flooded (Valerie) and I break out in nervous hives from stress 3 days in a row...Valerie gets a hair cut from Hadlee and her tonsils out all in the SAME week! I have surgery and get called into the YW program...2006 was busy! Whew....Rhett and I go on our VERY FIRST overnite trip W/O Kids!!!! (not kidding!) Peyton also gets ear tubes :( And Gunnison FB team beats Manti in Manti!
2007 - Brady deploys for his 2nd tour in Iraq....(I have lots about Brady...but he was a part of our lives after 1997.....sooooo......) Hum...what else happened this month???? really why am I NOT remembering 2007! It really is all a blur in this year...lol..that is funny sad! Dallin experiences the death of a classmate, Jentrie spent 3 days in the hospital (all in the same WEEK!) Oh, and Jentrie cut her hair and donated 14" to Locks of Love. Oh and Rhett went deer hunting for the first time in 10 years and got a nice 4 pnt the LAST day! Okay so I remembered more stuff about this year! lol! Jen and I participate in the Relay for life for the first time....
2008 - Dallin get's Baptized! WOW...where did that time go! Uncle Brady surprised us all with a trip home just in time for Dallin's big day! I signed up as a CTMH Consultant...Rhett still going to school....Rhett takes me to my very first college football game Utah vs BYU.. that was awesome fun! Had a fabulous garden! This year we lost Aunt Judy to cancer :( And President Hinkley passes...President Monson is called as the new Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ. Oh and we became GREATs...like we now have great nieces and nephews! And Rhett's dad becomes a State Patriarch
2009 - Jentrie get's Baptized!!! CRAZY...and her ears pierced! Rhett FINISHES school and resigns as a football coach...he is now available to go anywhere he wishes with his schooling FINISHED! I bought my Nikon D60 (hey that is huge! and news worthy!) ;) Went to Az to visit my parents....oh and we own CHICKENS!!!! 11 of them...we started out with 15, but that is another story...lol...(Arizona with my parents)

2010....(I will have to post some 2010 pictures later...those I DON'T have downloaded! LOL!) hum...so far in 2010...hum...what have we done....Went to a Jazz game (that was fun!)....lol..really our lives are very normal...we laugh, we cry...we make time fly! We clean house, do homework, play, chase kids, feed chickens, pay bills...go on dates, yell at kids, go to church, and start all over the next week! Rhett still teaches at the HS and loves it, serves as the Elders Quorum Pres, plays Tennis with his good buddy Jeremy (when the weather works!)...rides the 4 wheelers with the kiddo's and does a 1000 honey does around our house...(and we have 1000 more to go!). He is soooo supportive of my CTMH addiction and is more thoughtful NOW than 14 years ago! I am spending the last year home with my baby before he starts kindergarten, enjoying my CTMH addiction, teaching the cute little 6 year old kids in primary, doing the everyday stuff like dishes, laundry, cleaning (hey, didn't I mention these things before...) bloggin', walking...playin'....I started WW in January, down 17 (I hope after this last week it is still 17!)....with 40 more to go! We have a regular life....we go to lagoon every fall, cove fort every summer and winter, hang out in So. Utah when we can...there have been marriages of my brothers and sister, nieces and nephews born, nieces and nephews married and have become parents....we go to reunion's and roast hot dogs in the back yard....
For Easter, I made my kids journals, and Jentrie had me read her entry tonight....this is what she wrote: (in her words and spelling)
April 4, 2010
Today is Easter
We got candy and a dress and everything else.
I love Easter. Our chickens are out walking in the snow
and I just want to Celebrate Easter, the Resurrection of
Christ and the Easter Bunny. Life is perfect right now.
Jentrie
I very much agree with my sweet daughter...right now life is pretty dang perfect!
Fourteen years ago I married my very BEST friend, the LOVE of my life, he has become the FATHER of my babies (and such a great one), is still my best friend and the LOVE of my life...and that life is pretty dang perfect! Happy Anniversary Baby....I am sooo looking forward to see what happens in the next 14 PLUS years!!!



















4 comments:
I LOVE your blog page! I miss you and Mandy!
Happy Anniversary! You have such a darling family!
Oh, how nice. that was alot of fun to read, thanks for sharing. Congrads, we will be celebrating our 14th this year also. But, I doubt I can blog it so niceley LOL Infact I think I forgot how. ohwell, you did a great job as always. and thanks again for sharing.
Tiff what a neat Blog!!! I hope you print and have your all bound into a book!!! You need to! Thanks for sharing! HAPPY ANNI to U 2!!!! I wish you 114 more wonderful years of BLISS!!!!
Post a Comment