





Coloring easter eggs, Easter baskets, family time, good food....wonderful Sunday afternoon with great lessons on the life and death of our Savior and Brother Jesus Christ. Could this day be anymore perfect....(yes...if EVERYONE was there together) but I will take what I can get. My kids had a very memorable weekend with the Greats...my dear Grandpa had Alzheimer's...it is very sad. This weekend he was in a "mood" my grandma bless her 85 year old heart who still takes care of him everyday, called him "a disobeident child!" he didn't want to take a bath...he didn't want to come to dinner because he had to take care of the stock (which he hasn't had for YEARS) and many other things...mom was able to get him to come...grandma really needed the break, then he wasn't hungury and wouldn't eat. THEN we cleared of the table to do easter eggs and boy did he get mad! He thought the kids were wasting the eggs and then the kids (and adults) started to laugh (it was comical...and sad all together) but he wanted 'controll of his table' and didn't understand why the kids were wasting all those eggs! Poor guy! I miss my grandpa! The one who remembered me....it is sad to see his mind slipping. He really only remembers years ago....but not his kids...more like his siblings. My kids were introduced to the extream effects this disease has on the mind. Even though they thought is was funny at first..I talked to them about it and they were so sweet with him when they said good bye. It was a great weekend and long enough for the kids that they didn't get homesick (usually any longer than 5 days they start wanting to go home). I love spending time with my mom and dad, that part I wish would of been longer....but like I said before...I will take what I can get! Happy Easter All (just a few days late)
Here is a great 'Happy Easter' video link...please watch it (you may need tissues)













1 comment:
Hey Tiff! Sounds like you guys all stay pretty busy too. Looks like you had a nice spring break and Easter!! I have actually been to that overhang (several years ago) and it is awesome! I love the picture of the kids up top. Fun new Easter clothes?? You have a darling family!! It's good to keep up with ya!
Post a Comment