
Well, Since yesterday was our 13th Wedding Anniversary... I will walk down memory lane and do this tag :) This is 2 tags in one because it is also the 6th picture in my 6th folder in my picture file (tagged by Shem - i think it was 6 & 6) oh well, anyway...Picture of our wedding day April 5, 1996 - St.George Temple....
1. Where did we meet? At first, SUU 1A Boys State Basketball 1992, my brother was playing ball for Valley High and I was going to SUU - Rhett and his Brother Brenan were sitting by my mom and she just about lost her arm trying to wave me over to meet Rhett.....then by October 1992, I was working for Rhett's oldest brother Max at Kane Co. Sheriff's Office as a 911 operator and although we had 'seen' each other (Rhett was student teaching at Kanab High- this is so funny!) any how...I was going to FBall games (which I never did!) supposedly watching my cousin Preston play ball just to check out the hot assistant coach in those yummy tight gray coaching shorts!!! lol.... and he was always coming to the SO with Max....so unofficially we met checking each other out! lol!
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? Okay...I am so going to steal this from my sister because this is what her and her buddy's nicknamed him "Ken Barbie!" lol....nice tan, sun bleached blonde hair, brown eyes...cute butt! Yummmmmm! lol!
3. Do you remember what he/she was wearing? Back to those tight gray coaching shorts!!! T-shirt, running shoes, KC ball cap!
4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? Wow.... in front of my parents house - 2nd date....October 23, 1992 (if memory serves....after a Kanab Football game, met his mom and dad, aunt and uncle, brother and sister in-law....went to Travelers for dinner)
5. Where did you go for your first date? Cedar City - bowling! I was so nervous because we had just formally met.....(Pretty much like a blind date!) and I bowled bassackwards!!! And then we went to the Auction Steak house (i don't remember what it is called...but it is located where they hold the cattle auctions) and we ate and he went to pay with a Credit Card....and they didn't except credit cards...it was so hillarious...after Rhett sweated out bullets looking for enough cash in his wallet - so releaved when he found that $50! that he forgot to leave a tip! (Had money in my pocket but didn't dare offer...would of if he wouldn't of found that $50!...lol!) Anyway! We were laughing so hard by the time we left...felt bad about the tip though....then we went back to Valley and went to the Deer Hunters Ball (community goes...lol) I am cracking up remembering all this!
6. How long did you know this person before you became a couple? I knew of him for a while...knew his brothers Max and Brenan and Lance. Which is funny! I think I was pretty much hooked the first date! But it took longer for him...I know he dated others while dating me...there were spys everywhere! I think we became a real couple by spring when he invited me to go north and stay with his parents and took me to his cousin BJ's missionary homecoming!
7. How did he ask you out? This is funny. He was at Max's house for family home evening and Max dialed my phone number and handed him the phone! lol...the rest is history!
8. How did he propose to you? Welllll....December of 1995 was kinda a sad month because his grandma was sick in the rest home...I had decided to do the 12 days of Christmas for Rhett this year because I really didn't know what to give him for Christmas. So I had all 12 days planned, schemed and purchased. (Thanks to many local gunnison folks who helped me out...I lived 3 hours away!!!) On the first day, I was coming up because if was a thursday...I had the weekend off (we were going north to hang at his parents) and he had a girls game in Manti....I had stuck a mini tree that I had decorated in his door at his apartment..then went on to Manti. Well that night his grandma passed away....so sad! Well for the next 11 days he kept getting these funny little gifts like santa ties, candy cane socks, golf ball soap...ect...you get the idea! I had so much fun - mean while he was planning a suprise of his own. I had worked Dec 25th & 26th, I got off work on the 26th at 5pm and headed north. By the time I got there I was dead tired and there was a house full of family..which I didn't think anything of...even when Trent and Cindy took the kids home and came back....(first clue!) Well, Rhett re-gifted most of the 12 days gifts that I had given him (he found out Christmas day it was me!) with a few of his own...only his were better, like quilting stands, a new dress...ect...the very last gift was an avon bag with avon goodies in it including a lipstick holder (my first though...oh crap he bought me lip stick!) lol.....when I opened it to see what the mystery color was there was a candy cane in it with a DIAMOND wrapped around it! Holy Crap...liked that COLOR! :) I was really shocked....(y'all did notice the dates....Oct 1992 to Dec 1995!!!) so I wasn't planning on getting a ring. I was speachless for the FIRST time in my life (according to another brother -Trent anyway! lol! I think he thinks I talked a lot!:) ENGAGED!! 12-26-1995!
9. Do you and this person have kids together? 4 beautiful children....2 boys/2 girls!
10. Have you ever broken the law with this person? Nope, I don't think so! :)
11. When was the first time you realized you liked this person? Pretty much the first date...to try so hard to impress and we both made fools of ourselves and were able to laugh about it after...what not to like!
12. Do you trust this person? Yes.
13. Do you see him as your partner in your future? Yes for Eternity!
14. What is the best gift he gave you? Our life together, our family!
15. What is one thing he does that gets on your nerves? This is a bad question...I think I have as many things that bug him about me that bug me about him!.....I love him for who he is not who he isn't!
16. Where do you see each other 15 years from now? Still in Gunnison, raising our children. (I hope!)
17. What causes the most arguments? I don't know...we really don't argue much...just random things.....(and a few I don't feel comfortable posting) but nothing to major!
18. How long have you been together? Dated 3 1/2 years - Married 13 years! 161/2 years all together!! The time has really gone by FAST!
19. Are you married? Happily most days!!!
20. Who do you tag? Any of you wives that need a good walk down memory lane of your husband. I hope some of you do this, as I would love to read your story!
Happy Anniversary Babe! Thanks for making the last 13 years fly so fast it feels more like 5! You are the best! Sorry yesterday was such a drag, (we have both been fighting the whole sinus infection crud).....hopefully we can do something fun this week! Love you lots with all my heart ~ forever~!!!!













2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!! You two are a super couple. :)
I love reading about the little intricacies that we call life!!! Such fun memories!!
Post a Comment