This morning getting ready for school, Dallin was so excited to watch the Inauguration.....which I was not...(it is hard for me to be excited about something when it scares me!) anyway I made such a comment to Dallin and this is what he said: "But Mom, President Obama (ouch) is our new Commander and Chief and just because we don't like something, doesn't mean we don't deal.(i am eating my own words...!) Today is a big deal mom, weather we like it or not....today is History!!! We support who ever is President and hope they do a good job. Because this is America, mom! The USA! People didn't like President Bush and they dealt with it." (yes my son is only 8+...and his fathers child!) I said to Dallin, "But they didn't support him, those who didn't like him were not very nice." Dallin's response was..."So do you want to be like them?" (the non supporters) Okay...he got me there! It is our duty as Americans in a FREE country to support the President Red or Blue and pray (like crazy) he does a good job. Right now our Country is in T*R*O*U*B*L*E! And I for one am hoping (again like crazy) that he can help without jeopardize all that is important to families as a whole. I am terrified of prop. 8! Tom Hanks says "Mormons and their support of Prop. 8 is UNAMERICAN"....no caffeine in rootbeer and plain hotdogs are unamerican...Why just Mormons...why not the HUGE amount of other Christian affiliated religions (and race) not targeted as being UNAMERICAN. It will be very interesting to see how the next four years progress. I am afraid. There are so many issues I don't understand and some that spook me...how will my family be affected. This could be true feelings for whom ever was elected. Republican, Democrate or Independant. Even my 5 year old came home from school and planted herself in front of the tv. I said 'Do you wanna watch cartoons?" "No I want to watch Pres. Obama...mom today is History in the making." (O! My Gosh! ~ My children are more into this than I ever was at thier age!) So.... From this day forward, I may not like it, but I will support and pray for President elect Obama. And remember that I am an American citizen, I have the FREEdom to dislike someones opinions about issues....and free to choose how I behave because of my dislikes...be like the non supporters who are mean or support and pray for the best. Thank you my Dallin for setting me straight on what is right! I Love you! I may not like it that sometimes you make WAY to much sense...lol! But I love that you care! (Yes... I did DVR the whole thing for Dallin...I wouldn't let him stay home to watch it :) I also hope that my childs views on the world never change....sometimes we just have to suck it up and deal and pray for the best!
On another note...We are also saying good by to President Bush....the man who stood up to terrorists....who was not afraid to fight the fight....push the buttons and seriously tick many people off... I for one will miss Pres. Bush and First Lady Bush who I have great respect for...like her mother in-law...a truly amazing lady! I asked Rhett what he thought Bush might be thinking (which of course we have no idea) and his reply was "Let's go HOME!!" ( I was thinking more along the lines of 'take this job and.......' ~ lol) Seriously, I feel like he got a ton of crap the last four years, I would really of like to have seen what anyone else would of done during 9/11 ~ and after....oh yeah and don't forget...there have to be many signatures to be signed before anything is passed....our country didn't get where we are today alone...for sure. I for one am still having a bitter sweet day....bitter because I have to except what I don't want to and sweet because my children have reminded me why I need to. Thank you President Bush....and God Bless.
Clearance Offer for Hot Selling girls Women Silicone Cushion Ring High
Level Eyelash Curling Curler Mascara Beauty Eyel
-
Cheap Price of Hot Selling girls Women Silicone Cushion Ring High Level
Eyelash Curling Curler Mascara Beauty Eyel
If You search information * Hot Selli...
6 years ago













7 comments:
Your son is seriously only 8??!!! That was a very profound thing he said. I'm pretty much like you on the whole Pres. Obama thing. I'm not really a fan, but he's the Pres. now so I guess I will just have to deal. What kills me about the whole inauguration was how much they spent on it. HELLO are we not in an economic crisis right now???? Let's just spend those billions of dollars from the bailout plan for a party! Geez! Anyways, I'll be praying with you!
I did not watch it. But I guess I will have to accept it. And yes PRAY with all I have for the economy and that Pres. Obama will make decisions that will help us not hurt us. We will see. I too and very scared about what the next four years will bring us lets hope for the best.
I'm feeling much the same way as you. But one thing is for sure... We can't afford for Obama to fail. So sweet Dallin is right! How profound!
Your blog looks really cute! I love the winter colors and the header picture is precious. :)
I think they kinda help them along at school to get way excited for "HISTORY IN THE MAKING" I went through it and finally gave up with mine because I much like you am absolutely scared.. Scared my husband won't have a job, or a gun at that sake. but anyways what a cute kid.. about the camera thing.. I learned today how important family is.. and how I will get as many pictures of us as possible.. at our family christmas party it was the first time in 7...SEVEN years since the whole family had been together.. just the family and nobody took a picture :( and now we are one less.. heart breaking.. but we spent some good times with Kristy when we took her and Austin to Disneyland anyways enough from me.. have a good one..
Oh Dallin! You should probably gear up for whats to come from the mouth of that child in the coming years!! He blows me away!!
Tell me about it....talk about out of the mouth of babes! lol!
Post a Comment