grandpa Jackson and uncle Kirk came early and delivered Christmas gifts...the kids 

w
ere
all very
happy with their gifts....this is funny because Dallin received the exact same thing from BOTH grandparents only different colors
and the dvd's were not the same but church shirts and movies...funny!
Jentrie and Valerie got matching out fits in different colors (betcha can't guess who got what color :) Peyton received his set of sheets with his name hand stitched on the top sheet and the pill
ow case by grandma Afton...each of my kids have this great keepsake from Rh
ett's parents. Rhett also received some new shirts for church and $ which is always nice..and also a set of solar emergency lights. I received sheets for our bed only the wrong size ... oops! and a movie...I already had...oops! Afton felt bad and Rhett said I was too hard to buy for..lol! They also
gave $ which I didn't alr
eady have...lol! Thank you!!! For the lovely gifts. Thanks also to Uncle Bren and Aunt Lisa for the DVD..."Kung pow Chicken...I mean Kung Fu Panda" I keep calling it chicken...that sounds yummy! lol!Rhett and Grandpa Val started up the BBQ for steaks, and MOOSE! yes moose meat!!! I didn't get any by the time I sat down to eat it was really already gone! Darn! Dallin said it tastes just like chicken...I mean roast beast! (Grinch) We had lots of FOOD! Ton's of side dishes from shrimp to chips and dip! The night was a
s
uper fun! Rhett and Brenan had way!!! To much fun with the Martinelli's! I told Bren I was going to post with the title of "Assistant Super condones under age drinking on New Years Eve" He thought I was being funny! (which I was!) All in good fun. Gunnison City is celebrating 150 years so the city had a big party (which we didn't go to) but at midnight there where a few fireworks...we missed most of them. Of course all the kids fell asleep and were ticked they missed them. Rhett, Bren, Lisa and I were able to make enough noise on our front lawn to roust about a few of our neighbors...due to the horns and whistles on the NYE tree. Then we had "Waffles at Midnight" or a few minutes after, served with ice cream andy
ummy white syrup! This is a Jackson Family Tradition...started when Rhett's brothers week little.... nobody could remember when it was really started..but it has been on going for a LONG time! Still being carried on by some of us! I love it. By the time we made it to bed it was 2 am!! I am super tired!!! But happy! I will be ready for school to start to get a bit of rest...lol!(This New Years was also Ty's last New Years home...he will be putting his mission papers in this month! I thought that it was pretty cool he was here with his family...he could of gone anywhere and he chose home! Pretty awesome TY!)
Because the kids missed the "New Year" at midnight we had a pretend "Happy New
Year" on New Years Day with just th
e kid
s...they girls were playing dress u
p and had tons of fun with the
hats, noise makers and eye masks....the boys decided to get in on the action and so we had a little happy new year moment! It was fun! And I was able to get a few fun photos!!! Now I am ready for the 5th so I can have a bit of a vacation from our vacation!! So much for all that sleep I was going to get!LOL! What was I thinking with all the kids home! It was a great holiday and we had a good time!We want to wish all our family and friend out in the world a Happy New Year! We love and miss you lots!!!! and cannot wait to see you soon!!! We missed you and hope to have you with us next year!!!
December 28th....
So super BORED!!! We are all driving each other nuts! So we decided to go to Ephraim and take the kids to McDonald's and then Bowling. It was fun (super slow!! but fun) Peyton beat everyone with a high score of 46! lol! He loved it. Valerie finished 2nd with 30, Jentrie 3rd with 26 and Dallin 4th with 24....(he was mad because he really hated the bowling shoes!!!) It was laugh or cry! We really should go more often!!! Then a quick run into walmart...I can hear my dad...yeah right...quick and walmart in the same sentence...but it really w
as because Rhett and the kids stayed in the car and I
was being timed! l
o
l!













1 comment:
Where was I when the moose was being passed out?!? I hardly got to talk to you when we were home. I arrived back here and thought, "I didn' even see Tiffany agt all, except for a minute in church." Looks like you really had a great holiday!
Post a Comment