families are forever!

families are forever!

"A Child

will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, home happier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."


3rd Nephi 17:21-23 "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this he wept again; And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them; Behold your little ones.."
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Missing Aunt Judy!!!


Our dear Aunt Judy has been gone and missed for an entire year! She passed away on January 6th 2008. We all miss her, think of her and speak of her often. She was an elect lady and a HUGE example of love and strength to me. Valerie mentioned just the other day that she was a good aunt and grandma! That she was! (is) We miss you!!!

*My aunt past away from a rare Liver Cancer, she lived just over 1 year after diagnosed...
*My Grandpa McDonald past away from Lung Cancer in 1990...
*Rhett's Grandma Maxwell past away from Colon Cancer in 1963 (Rhett never met her!)
*Marlene Spencer (high school friend) leukemia 1989..Jr in high school
*Michelle Ashton (friend) stomach cancer 2005
*Brother Stewart.....2008

these are just a few who we have loved and missed...who have been touched and affected by the big "C". There are many more!! Many who are survivors!! (just a few)

*My mom...(yes even skin cancer is serious!)
*My Aunt LaVee
*Annie...(you know who you are!!)
*Vicki...(we pray every day!!)
*Annalee Knudsen
*Carla..neighbor

There are so many more...I could go on and on... but you get the point!!! Have you ever been to a RELAY FOR LIFE fundraiser? Here is your chance:

The last two years I have in one way or another participated in the "Relay for Life" Cancer Relay. If any of you out there have ever been touch and or heart broken over the words "Cancer" this non-profit organization is worth while to get involved with. This year I am actually on the Relay Committee. I am over the FOOD!! It is a bit scary knowing that the amount of people who where fed last year and the amount that were not! But I am excited because this is a BIG deal! I have a hand full + of people I know and have been close to who have past from this deadly monster.... I also know a few or a lot who have survived!!! Due to cancer research people can and will continue to survive! Last year the Sanpete County Relay raised $25,000.00 (around) which was HUGE!!!! I am so honored to be apart of this Organization! If you are interested in being apart of our Relay committee or if you would like to organize your own family team please contact me through this blog!! We will be having a Team Relay Kick off on Feb. 2nd (Monday). If you come ready with a team there will be a discounted price. Each team needs at least 12 members. Please be apart of this! I know you have been affected one way or another by this disease. The relay is the 4th weekend in June! It is a HUGE night...and memorable! My Jentrie had tons of fun last year..she lasted until 1 am and walked over 2 miles :) and played LOTS!! Please Join! (Check blog post in June about last years blog! We had so much fun!! And it is worth while!!)


















Jan 3rd..... BCS SUGAR BOWL!!! UTAH 13-0

Life of Reilly

Oklahoma and Florida can battle for the BCS. But we've already crowned the true national champ.

by Rick Reilly (ESPN)



Super fun to see Utah SHOCK the BCS by killing ALABAMA tonight! Go Utah!!! 13-0 does it get any better!!! We even had a mini UTE party with Coach Smith and his family...burgers, chips dips and lots of NOISE!!! This was one college game on tv...I didn't mind watching!! :) LOL Way to represent Utah!!!! True Champs!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Okay I love the picture of Aunt Judy, It totally made me cry, I miss her so much. I thought of when Harrison said Aunt Judy you have a raisin in your tooth!! I will never forget that, it was so funny. We love and miss her so much and think of her all the time as well.

The Jackson's said...

Hi! Hope you and your cute family had a wonderful holiday season! It's hard to believe that they are over. It has been awhile since we've seen you guys...hope to see you again soon :) Take care!

Brady and Kayla said...

Wow! Can't believe it's been that long already! We all love and miss her so much, and that picture is the greatest! What an amazing woman, I was SO blessed to not only know, but become family :)