families are forever!

families are forever!

"A Child

will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, home happier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."


3rd Nephi 17:21-23 "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this he wept again; And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them; Behold your little ones.."
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Monday, March 1, 2010

10 years ago....

(mind you I started this post at 8 pm...it took time finding the pictures...LOL) as I was saying...

I was sitting in Brady's Basketball Banquet...He was a Senior....and the WHOLE time...I was having contractions! 10 years ago.....on March 1st.....at 10 pm...I went to the Hospital to be induced with my first Child...this perfect little boy....

 
Dallin Rhett Jackson
March 2, 2000
8lbs  21" born at 2:26 pm
Is he CUTE or what...he had a bit of an owie on his check from the forceps....and a cute little cone head from the vacuum...(yes sounds fun I know!...not) BUT...what a Cutie Patootie! We were so very excited to get this little boy! He had quite the fan club waiting in the hallway on the day he was born and came in handy for an excuse for uncle Brady and his pals to skip school! 3 weeks later my cousin Jaxson was born in the same hospital (lived in Ephriam) we have always been great pals (and miss him lots now that he lives in Iowa) 


Dallin is one month old and Jaxson is a few weeks old.....


 
Dallin (3 months) in his Blessing Tux, made by grandma Peggy McDonald


A few pictures from 
The Last 10 Years.....

Dallin (2 months) and uncle Brady, who lived with us from the end of his freshman year until he left for boot camp....Summer 2000 we have lots of  pictures of Dallin hangin' with uncle Brady....
My daddy is sooo smart..At his Graduation from University of Phoenix with his
Masters Degree...Oct 2000 (7 months old)
 
 Dallin grew....Nov 2000 ( 8 months)
Picking up Uncle Brady from Boot Camp


 
 November 2000, Christmas Tree Hunting

 
 Love (not yet) Aunt Kayla....almost 2 years

I am a big BROTHER....age 19 months...With Jentrie 3 weeks old


 New Puppies age 2 (i think)

 
A big brother again...age 3 1/2...with Jentrie 20 months and new Baby sister
Valerie, 2 weeks...
 
Couldn't help myself...age...well...lets just say..potty training was not our favorite!! LOL!!



Shootin' Guns with uncle Brady...Don't I look big...age 4


 Big Brother again....with a BABY Brother...so excited to get a boy!!
Dallin age 5, Jentrie 3 1/2, Valerie 21 months...Peyton 1 month
Dallin had been 5, five weeks when we had Peyton.

 
1st day of kindergarten...waiting for the bus...SO big!!! (wouldn't look at the camera..
and I followed the bus! LOL!)
 
 Loves 4-wheeling...  

 
Age 6 


7th birthday ~ New Shoes from Grandma and Grandpa McDonald

And hunting...was suppose to go with dad in the afternoon and this guy
came home about 11 am...Dallin was bummed, but happy he was 
able to get out of school for the afternoon anyway!


Aunt Kayla's attempt at being funny...Dallin didn't think so! LOL!!


Dallin and Jaxson age 7

My cutie patootie turned 8...you can almost (almost) see an 'Elder' tag.....

Special Day....

FINALLY my own BB gun! age 8


July 2009...9 years...my old soul...really he is! Check out his mouth...it is HAY! lol!


1st day of 4th grade with Mrs.Larsen (who also taught him in the 1st grade)


driving????? his first tractor...sooo EXCITED...he would really love
it if we lived on a farm!!!


My Guy all BIG!!

Favorite Food: Taco's and wings
Favorite Dessert:...lol...Cheese Cake Pie
Favorite Color: Blue
Likes: Westerns, History (of any kind), drawing, singing, driving the 4-wheeler (gasp)
his bb qun (any gun!..gasp!), the chickens, reading (kinda), hangin' with dad..
teasing his sisters...giving the best hugs! (he really has LOTS of likes :)
Favorite Song: Praise to the Man (really)
Dis Likes: Homework, any work...lol..chores..would rather be hunting...
His best quality (says mom): His smile and sense of HUMOR!!! SOO funny! 
Has such a good heart...
Working on: Surviving 4th grade :) (mom is anyway), Scouts
Would like to be when I grow up: the latest is a Chemical Engineer (wow) which is really
a shock from the "HUNTER FOR CABELLA's" he wanted to be LAST year! LOL

Happy Birthday my Sweet 'not so' Little BOY!!! I love you VERY much!!!

Our Family!




3 comments:

Michelle said...

K-That was soooo cute! I love looking back through the years! My little Jace shares the same birthday as Dallin. He will be 3, so I'm doing a little reminiscing myself. We actually celebrated his birthday tonight and it was so fun! I hope Dallin has a Happy Birthday!

Callie Hansen said...

Great post! I love his old soul and the comments he makes. :)

Emily said...

Love the Pictures!! They grow up so Fast!!