families are forever!

families are forever!

"A Child

will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, home happier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."


3rd Nephi 17:21-23 "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this he wept again; And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them; Behold your little ones.."
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Boxes!!!

WoW!!! okay...mom! Hat's off for all those years you helped us with 5! With 4, I thought I'd go nutty! lol! I even spaced it all out and helped each child individually starting with Peyton who could careless, next with Valerie who just wanted to cut, glue and scribble anywhere (like the table cloth and plastic baggies!), then I helped Jentrie do hers while Dallin did his homework...and Valerie decided she wanted a door on her Castle like Jentrie had and RIPPED the top and the sides off...ahhh! Needless to say, I finished hers after she went to bed and because she is so random with her gluing...I put my self in her shoes and and did a TOP notch Valerie Job! LOL! Then it took about 1 hour for little miss Val to sign all the Valentines (for those of you who don't know Valerie has a really hard time writing, she wants to write - right to left and upside down...perfectly mirrored!!! lol! ?) So helping her start each 'V' where in needed to go and then she could finish the rest...then finally I got help Jentrie get started on her Valentines and finish up her box when it was Dallin's turn...he signed his name and had me finish hot gluing the Rocket wings on..then he went to bed and finished coloring it in at school! Whoo! I was tired! lol! They all did good and had grand parties at school! I know.. the most important thing was that they each got one on one time with mom!!! And I did my very best to stay patient...well I did until Valerie started to do the whole redoing thing!! lol! And now they can have a big 'ole candy high and it will be ALL gone!! Happy Valentine's Day my babies! I love you!

5 comments:

Krisell said...

What some Great valentine boxes! Your better than me. Drew just wanted a Valentine sack, and poor Ty has been so sick, so we didn't end up doing one for him.
You are an AWESOME Mom!!

Shanelle said...

Those boxes are so cute! I was a slacker this year... My kids had to use the same ones they had last year!

Coopercomics said...

Oh my! I am sooo impressed by the Valentine boxes! Kelly didn't do that this year, but after seeing what you guys created..I really wished that she did. It looks so fun! You are such a creative fun Mommy. :)

Mandy said...

The boxes are so cute. Way to go sis for letting the kids do it there way. My kids didn't get to do boxes they did bags at school maybe next year. I have to say I was a bit glad I didn't have to stay up and do boxes this year. Peyton looks so cute in the pictures along with the rest of the kids they are getting so big. I can't wait to see them I just don't know when that will be. Give them all a hug and kiss for me. Love you all!!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

I am so impressed. All of the boxes turned out so cute. You're an amazing mom!