families are forever!

families are forever!

"A Child

will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, home happier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."


3rd Nephi 17:21-23 "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this he wept again; And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them; Behold your little ones.."
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home Happenings!

WOW...since we have been home from our 9 day vacations to Kanab and Az. to see my parents.....we have been BUSY! Valerie started summer school where she has a reading tutor. Rhett, Grandpa Val and the kids planted the garden....I did the flowers (marigolds..supposed to keep the critters out~we will see), I also planted an Herb garden...so excited about that...I love to go out and just smell my herbs! yum!

Rhett started his LAST class with his Admin. Endorsement, YAY! It has been tooo COLD so we DON'T have our pool up...bummer....but everything is nice and GREEN!! I have been scrapbooking (i know such a chore! lol ~ check out my CTMH blog at www.myctmhprojects.blogspot.com to see what I have been upto!) for club and deeply embedded with The Relay For Life Cancer Fundraiser~WOW~! I love the relay...but what was I thinking!!!!! WE are planning on feeding like 700 people...in know ~ CRAZY! But thanks to many...MANY local donations dinner I think (hope) will be great! Thanks to Jeremy at Gunnison Thriftway for not only cooking all the meat (pork roasts for bbq sandwhiches) but he also had DONATED all 180 lbs of MEAT! Fabulous! Thanks Jeremy..... and to Shelle at "Shelle's" for donating all 700 buns! You ROCK! To Monette at Christensen Arms (and all those who donated $) for the individual size bags of chips....and to every friend I have who is donating and making cakes 50 of them! (because they are horribly expensive and I hate paying so much for something that takes like $3.00 to make...including the throw away pan which if you would like to donate a cake for the cause....the pans are 2/$1.00 at family dollar! let me know... I need about 15 more cakes! - THANKS) there are many others that have donated time and $ for the relay and YOU ROCK!!! but those listed are the ones donating for the dinner only.... Come and check it all out at GVHS, 6 pm for the survivers walk...7 pm for the dinner ($5.00 per person or $30.00 per family limit of 8)...games, rafle, much more! Help us find a cure!

Also....Peyton has mastered his new bike WITH OUT the training wheels...and Dallin has also decided it was time for him to learn to ride his bike...YAY! We are a bike riding family...LOVE IT!

We also have CHICKENS! (LOL...thanks Robyn!) We only have 3 and they each lay an egg a day....we are getting 3 more on monday! so funny! I figure though if we have pets (which my kids want oh so badly!!) then we needed to get something that gives back to the family....and we use lots of eggs! :P......sorry I know it isn't a dog...but right now...not getting a dog!!! or a cow....which was the next thing they asked to get! lol...even if it does give milk! I don't know where we would put it!

So here are all caught up! And crazy as ever! Life really is pretty good...right now it would even be better if the SUN would SHINE a LOT more! but the rain is good for the garden :) I will post pictures of all this soon! I just wanted to get it all posted before I forgot what we have been up to! days seem to run together! :)

No comments: