
My mom and dad moved to St.John's Arizona about 3 months ago and because they have FINALLY moved closer to Utah...we decided to go spend a week with them...and boy were the kids excited!!!! St.John's is much like here lately...sunny in the morning and rainy in the after noon! lol!... WE had SOOO much fun! I told Rhett that for my birthday this year I would really like to spend it with my mom and dad! (it has been 13 years!!!!...I think it was time! :) We went to Snowflake and saw the Temple there..the only time I have ever seen a lizard at the Temple...it was in the rock garden. We toured the area, went and played at the park. Snowflake is quite pretty and we really enjoyed it! The drive however was pretty sparce....Dallin made the comment that it was TOOO brown! lol! We also toured St. John's while grandma and grandpa worked...it was pretty cool because they have a little museam about the town's history and my sister inlaw Lisa's great + grandfather Isaiah Freeman helped build the 1st 2 room cabin in town. Cool! My mom has some fr

iends from Valley there, who just happens to be a Bishop in one of the many wards there in St. J0hn's, so we went to their ward. (Terry and Bruce Jackson - who just also happens to be related to RHETT! I know it is a small world!) We went to Show Low, to pick up my dad's truck and detoured to Springerville to go to dinner with Anthony (my brother), and his little family. We also went to Lyman State Park (with a big ole recreational lake) to play...it was cloudy and windy, but we had a good time and I sucked up my fear of water toys and let my kids go on the wave runners with Aunt Hailee, she took the girls and Rhett took the boys. Of all of the kids Valerie loved everything about them! I have pictures....but they are on a disposible camera which I have yet to develop...I took my camera but when I went to use it my battery (not just any kind mind you!) was missing...I later found that in a pair of Peytons pant pockets...little stink!..So I don't have them to post...Working on that! Then on Monday the 1st...we went to Springerville again with grandma, while Rhett went to work with my dad. Mom and dad (hel

ped) buy me a pair of CowGIRL boots ... lol...which I have wanted forever....and now have (haven't had any since college! lol! I love the new ones that just look like boots! And mom took us to breakfast at McDee's which is a first for my kids...yup...they have never had breakfast at McDonald's, just lunch or dinner~funny huh!....then Rhett came home and I went to work with dad...I was so impressed with what he does for a living...I think he is under paid! I cannot believe that he was able to get Rhett to the top! Rhett even helped out because they were short some workers. Pretty impressive thing he and my brother do....and my mom gets to take care of all the office work! I think they are pretty amazing! We left tuesday (June 2nd) at 6:30 am Az time, around the same time as mom & dad leave for work, and headed home....the long 11 hour drive with our kids...they did SO good. It was 11 hours because the ROAD signs SUCK! lol and we got lost! lol. Good thing Rhett noticed something wasn't right..or we may have lost more time. We stopped in Blanding for lunch and play at the park, then Moab for ice cream and a DP and then straight for the next 3 hours to HOME! Boy, was it nice to see Gunnison! WE had a fabulous time with mom, dad, A

u

nthony, Hailee and Kyson (which thought we should just move there too!)! Thanks so much for the great vacation! However...it is always nice to get home!
No comments:
Post a Comment