families are forever!

families are forever!

"A Child

will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, home happier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."


3rd Nephi 17:21-23 "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this he wept again; And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them; Behold your little ones.."
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Relay For Life 2009

Relay this year I think went really well...despite the WIND decided to BLOW over dinner (which was my part!!!) Thursday night (the night before) I was totally stressed about 'cake' until my sister in-law Lisa called and had made me like 200 cupcakes...to go with all the other cakes and cupcakes my fabulous friends all made (we had plenty enough cake!) YOU GUYS ALL ROCK!!! I love having too much of something because you can always get rid of it! Gunnison Market (Jeremy & Jeremy) donated AND cooked 200 lbs of pork for pulled pork bbq sandwiches, Shelle at Shelle's drive in dontated all 700 buns (150 of which we returned), Monette Christensen at Christensen Arms took care of donations for all the little individual bags of chips (650 bags..that I had in the back of my suburban for a week and totally threatened my kids if they touch!! lol!)....Janelle at Subway for all the salad and dressing, the teams who all brought a watermelon....and my FABULOUS friends and family who made cakes/cupcakes! Last but not least...those who came to help me pull pork, cut watermelon, serve and do what ever it was I asked - Kera, Melynda, Angie, Megan, Travis,
Cheerleaders, and Monica's boys! THANKS for all your fabulous help... I was so busy I didn't get to take many pictures (i know scary huh!)...so at about 1:30 am I was able to track down Kayla and her mom to get a few photo's...I know several who did take pictures so...I am going to hunt them down! lol!...Thanks also to Rhett for taking care of the kids I was sooooo in the MODE....and not much help at home (or that weekend...lol...I was soooo trashed!) The best part about the weekend, no mater how tired or sore....the Relay as a whole raised (drum roll!) $33,500.00!!! TOTALLY not kidding! How freakin' cool is that! It was all so worth it! Our fabulous little ole Gunnison Valley RAISED that much $!! Our goal was $30,000. and due to the weather we were just hoping to make the same as last year...but to not only hit the goal but to go over $3,500.00 is just so awesome! Makes me want to cry (duh..i did!) And this is just the total from the morning...still waiting on other teams that left early to hand in $!  Deb and Monica are fabulous (the head of the committee) and everyone else on the committee who had things to do on top of The Manti Pageant, Ball games (base&softball) and other family commitments...Kayla sang and did awesome!(she also did awesome with her team! she was over the Gunnison Youth team and they did fabulous!) Annalee (a good friend and surviver) spoke and did amazing! I all came together... better than we could of dreamed...the teams who came and did awesome keeping things going, Marilynn and the Luminary was great (my favorite part) it was so cool to see the whole track circled with lite up Luminary bags!...Lotsa Motsa came with the midnight Pizza delivery ...EVERYTHING was just awesome! If you are reading this and NOT involved in your own Town/County Relay..get up off your duff and be apart of it! We all have loved ones who have had the big "C" ...either they are survivors, surviving or fought the battle as hard as they could and in the end couldn't fight any longer! I have had just a few too many in my life who I loved that have been affected by cancer...I personally want to here the words "We have A Cure!!!" I have recently (yesterday) just found out that a little boy who was a part of my "before marriage" life found out he has the big "C". He is on an LDS Mission right now and chose to not come home..he has had surgery and is now taking cemo treatments in the mission field...I have been gone from home for so long that he has NO idea I know or care...but I do...My wish is for him to finish his mission, and to hear the words "your cured!" Please, GET INVOLVED in Relay! It is so amazing to be apart of! GUNNISON RELAY ROCKS!

**After all the bills paid and teams tallied...the total....(drum roll)....over $36,000!!!!

No comments: