families are forever!

families are forever!

"A Child

will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, home happier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."


3rd Nephi 17:21-23 "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this he wept again; And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them; Behold your little ones.."
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Two little monkey's jumping on the bed...one fell off and cracked his head....

Okay! Today was one of those days where the minute I woke, I should of just gone BACK to bed! But of course as always I had 101 things to do! I am working my way through the day getting things ready on and off for CTMH Club (along with other stuff that cause me to have a bad day early in the day anyway!) I had packets made, project ready...house some what livable and while I am getting dinner out of the oven...at 6:15 p.m. (15 min. before I need to leave) I hear this horrible crash and an even worse scream out of my baby. I go flying in the bedroom to find out what is wrong. He is crying so hard and screaming so loudly, that I had a hard time trying to figure out what happened. He kept holding his head, and didn't want me to touch it. When I noticed the top part of his ear bleeding...then I find out (from Dallin) that they were jumping on the bed and Peyt's leg missed the bed and he fell and hit the side of his head on a chair, therefore splitting his ear open. I wasn't sure if it needed stitches or not, but when ever they hit their heads hard I freak. So I called our neighbor who is the PA for our Dr. and he came over and confirmed it need it stitches. So I called Kayla to have her come get the stuff for club and let everyone know what's going on. Then I call my babysitter to come early, then I called another friend (Robyn) to meet me at the Dr.'s office (it is after hours) I knew I was going to have to hold my baby down and I was going to need help and Rhett was at the Utah game...agh!


(picture of Peyton later that night when I got home. :(
To make this very long story that really you wouldn't think was a big deal a little shorter..(ok maybe not)..The PA really would of liked to put in 3 stitches...While putting in the first one, Peyton found this unbelievable strength and we were have a seriously hard time holding him down. I had him in a full body hold ... his legs between mine, laying down, arms trapped between me, my arms holding his head..it was so bad. By this time, he is scream horribly and I am bawling, and sweating and I really wanted to throw up!!! Come to find out, his ear didn't numb (even tho it was white and hard) the poor little guy felt the whole thing, which broke my heart and made me feel even worse because I held him down. He was more mad at me than anyone. We only put the one stitch in and called it good. Our poor PA felt so bad...even though Peyton gave him a hug. Then as we go to leave, Peyton doesn't want ANYTHING to do with me and went home with my friend instead...So I end up going to club in tears because my baby was so sad with me. He told Robyn that "Daddy was going to be mad at Mommy." :( Is this a sad story or what! It is now Saturday and his ear is fine (really bruised and sore), he loves me again. Responds "NO!" when asked if we jump on beds. Why is it then..I still have a headache!!! I absolutely hate it when my kids get hurt like that.
This picture is a bit blurry, but you can see the bruise, he also had a bad goose egg behind his ear.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

poor little guy. I am sure in a few days he will forget about all the pain and will be jumping on the bed again soon. Give him a hug for me!!!!

by: Kim said...

It is horrible when our kids get hurt. We've suffered a few broken bones and staples. Luckily kids bounce back quickly and forgive quickly.
I hope he is feeling better.

Coopercomics said...

aw...I hate it when small people get hurt! It is so awful. It sounds like you were brave and that you might have a tough, future football player in your family. :)

Michelle said...

I'm glad that I haven't had to deal with stitches or anything like that yet. I feel bad enough holding my kids down to get a shot. He'll thankyou one day for your efforts, because he won't have a deformed ear.:)

What is your email so I can invite you to my blog? I decided to go private.

peterson said...

That looks like it would hurt. I feel for you when you say it is the hardest thing to have to hold your child down to be stitched! I hope he is feeling better.