My poor little Buddica! On Monday my little Valerie was putting her sister's bike up so she could go play with her little neighbor friend Janie, well, I was out front visiting with Janie while Valerie was getting her bike and all of a sudden I hear a GINORMOUS scream! (with kids you can tell a difference in your child's screams...this one...I didn't like!) anyway, so i go running to the back of by the garage and there is Valerie screaming her guts out with BLOOD covering her face! At that point I had NO idea where the blood was coming from, all I knew is that she had blood coming from her head, everywhere!....scared the holy crapenoly out of ME!... SO, I yelled for Jentrie and Janie to go get Jenny (Janie's mom), so of course they had to come see why and then they saw all the blood...I know head wounds bleed a LOT....but sheesh! she was pretty covered...her legs, clothes, feet, it was in her hair, dripping off our hands...I have NOT ever seen so much blood! Especially on MY child! so it would be safe to say I wasn't as calm as I should of been, which I felt bad about (after it was over...another story!) ...Once I got a towel to her face I calmed down more because I knew where the blood was coming from, and the picture below really doesn't show the gaping hole...it looked like a screw like thing had gone into her head! Jenny called her hubby at work to tell him I was on my way to the clinic (he is the PA for our family Dr.) I changed the towel and took off her bloody shoes and off we went to the clinic...leaving a nasty MESS on my front porch. Jenny, bless her heart was so calm and helpful and took my kids for me! (THANKS A BUNCH!) Then the sweet ladies at Dr. I's office were so good to calm Valerie down, by now she had stopped crying and I think the wound it self was numb because as long as you didn't touch it she was good and talking (something she loves to do!) :) Dr. Inouye stitched her up and was so cute about making sure she didn't have an ugly scare on her pretty face....it will scar but hopefully if she leaves it alone, it won't be to bad! She had to have 2 stitches on the inside and 6 on the outside. And PA Wade (or Dr Wade as my kids call him) was so cute with her~ talking to her. She was so BRAVE!!! She didn't even cry when they numbed her up! SUCH a brave little girl. She was more irritable yesterday, her nose hurt more and it hurt to breath out her nose.....but she is back on her bike and makes me crazy nervous! When we made it out of the Dr office we went to find daddy, (he had just left a few minutes before to run a few errands) we didn't want him to find the mess we left on the porch...seriously, when I showed him her shoes and the first towel...he was glad we found him! MY cell and camera were both in the Suburban, which is the car Rhett had! of course...so a thank you to cute McKell Ashton who took pictures for me with her cell camera and emailed them too me! THANK you! BTW~She is an awesome nurse! And JC was so amazing while cleaning up Valerie! DR. I's staff ROCKS! When we finally made it home, I had Valerie show me how it all happened. When she went to get off the bike, she fell on her bum and the handle bars came back at her and the end where the hand grips are... the little plastic circle was missing where the metal tube part is...that is what hit her (notice the curve)...and hit her good! I am just so VERY grateful it didn't get her eye! She is amazing brave! Love you Sis!
Before - it is swollen, some because of the wound itself and lots from the numbing shots....

After

Can you believe those smiles during all that trauma! :) So far as of yesterday, she does have the beginnings of black eyes...but not as bad as I thought it would be! The bridge of her nose is still pretty swollen though...she goes back on Friday to have the stitches removed...hope it goes good!
Now...why is it when our kids are sick or get injured they bounce back so fast and mom's get knocked to their feet! I serisouly was totally freaked out by all that blood on her face that I had to put my head down at the dr's office to keep from throwing up! I had calmed down a lot by the time they did the stitches (and it was a bit much for me to watch the numbing part...i shiver thinking about it and am so glad she couldn't see it!)...We were home 5 seconds when she wanted her hair pulled back out of her face so she could go play! when all I wanted to do, was go sit on the couch and hold her close! She ate lunch (ya...i was still pretty grossed out!) and then off to play for like the rest of the day! she did get a little whinny at bed time and cuddle with mom and daddy for a bit...I gave her some motrin and she was good to go! Mean while...MOM...freaks out everytime SHE walks! Sheesh!
2 comments:
I'm so gad that everything is ok with her. I know just how you feel with those head injuries. Hallee has had 2 and blood goes everywhere.
It is always hard when our kids get hurt and I think parents overreact alittle but that is our right. I hope she is feeling better and I hope you have relaxed some.
Post a Comment