



This is the basement ceiling just at the seem from the stairs....YUCK!!! and stink!!!!
yes...I FREAKED!!!! Called Brady...couldn't get a hold of Rhett! So Brady came up and decided we needed to check the dishwasher because of the location of water damage in the basement. So we did that and found mold (I need to download that picture..it is on my other camera). We decided to leave it all and go on our Thanksgiving Vacation and just rip into when we got home...well, we are now home and Brady has ripped into IT and this is what else we FOUND.....

before...we keep ripping up tile and lanolium until we found dry floor.... :(
after

before...we keep ripping up tile and lanolium until we found dry floor.... :(
after

Yes! Water damage clear to the pantry door!!! Not kidding!! Unbelievable! And the kicker is Home owners insurance does NOT cover water damage done by a slow leak!!! NOPE and it also does not cover MOLD or TERMITES! (check your policies...!) Hummmm wonder what it does cover? I know I sound bitter, but really! Not all accidents are found right away, like I wanted my kitchen to be crap right before the holiday's! Hello! Oh Well! So yes! This is our out of pocket kitchen makeover... in freaking DECEMBER!!!!.sounds like fun ~ A! Thanks also to Uncle Jay (again!) for getting us the mold stuff to put on the wood!

my two year old tile floor all in pieces...in the trash.... :( it's laugh or cry and right now I am so not in the mood to laugh!!!
Yes...I know! And to think this all came from a little drip drip on the bottom of the dishwasher..we have NO idea how long it has been dripping. Therefore...I get a new kitchen floor for Christmas..the only bummer about it all is we get to put all the old stuff back in....as my friends keep reminding me it could be worse! I know that but really .... December....why can't this ever...EVER happen in JUNE!!!! On the first day of christmas my true love gave to me.....
Thanks Brady! For saving us ONCE again!!!! I don't know what we would do with out you!!!
So we have NO sink, dishwasher or STOVE!!! We do have a make shift kitchen in the front living room, a pancake grill, a toaster oven, a crockpot, microwave, rice steamer and a BBQ'r...I guess we will be okay.....(still doesn't make me want to laugh about it!) Thanks Robyn for the Pizza! I have awesome friends!
I am going to bed now...I have a serious headache!













7 comments:
I am so sorry that really sucks and it does seem like things like this ALWAYS happen around christmas.
Tiff Im sorry for you...that bites... how can richard and I help you??? Some of us just have bad luck... keep your chin up..
Oh my gosh! That totally sucks! I'm so sorry! I guess if you look on the bright side, you get a new kitchen floor. Although, it sounds like your old one wasn't that old. Yeah, I also heard about that insurance thing before we bought our house and so I asked my insurance about it and mine is the same way. Basically that only thing they do cover is fire unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for extra coverage. So STUPID! Anyways, good luck with everything. Write me at foxy_coxy55@yahoo.com and let me know what your email is so I can invite you to my blog.
I am so sorry. It is such a pain to do remodeling especially the unexpected kind and at Christmas time to boot. We have been tiling our kitchen if we lived closer I could help I am becoming quite good at it.(ha, ha) Anyway good luck and I hope it get fixed soon.
Oh Tiff! I just read about your kitchen nightmare and I feel your pain!!! Sounds like someone needs some chocolate and a hug..send me your address and I will send some goodies. :)
Sorry. There is a sliver lining just finding it is hard. But atleast now your family health will be safe!? Good luck let me know if you need anything!
I can't believe your luck! I hope the renovation goes well, and it looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving despite the disaster.
Post a Comment