families are forever!

families are forever!

"A Child

will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, home happier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."


3rd Nephi 17:21-23 "And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this he wept again; And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them; Behold your little ones.."
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day.....finally! :)






























After much anticipation this WHOLE month (more like the last 2 months..) Santa finally arrived! I believe Santa out did himself! The story is...Jentrie woke Dallin up fairly early, but because the rule was not to get out of bed until mom and dad got them up, they went into the girls' room to watch a movie, at around 7...Jentrie came in an asked if it was time to get up yet.....so we did! Everyone found their spot, Daddy past out all the gifts starting with the Santa gift and everyone took turns starting with Dallin, Peyton, Valerie, Jentrie, Daddy, Mom....Of course, they opened the Santa gift first...which we have since decided that will be the last gift open next year...getting thru the rest of the gifts proved to be a challenge! :) Dallin was pleased with his Compound Bow and Arrow set, Jentrie her Christmas Barbie Eden, Valerie was most happy with her Cinderella Baby, Peyton was thrilled with his gun...which shoots little red pellets that really sting...Daddy shot mom in the behind...so I really know they sting!!! Daddy got "hot grips" for his 4-wheeler handle bars to keep his hands warm and mom got a new cell phone (if you have been trying to call me and couldn't this is why...my phone magically disappeared!!!) The kids were also very happy and surprised to all receive MP3 players already downloaded with favorite songs....that sneaky Santa!!! I am not sure that was such a great gift...they can't hear me but I can hear them!!!!! Sing at the tops of their lungs!!! They also received wonderful gifts from mom and dad, grandpa and grandma McDonald, Uncle Anthony and Aunt Hailee and the Pratt's! We had a very great day enjoyed our day doing nothing!!!! Uncle Brady and Aunt Kayla came to visit. It was nice to see some family this day! We truly miss all our family who are located everywhere!!! From Kanab to Florida and many places (West Virginia!) in the middle! We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!





Peyton heading out the door to go hunting with his new gun! Who cares if he goes in his jammies...it's Christmas!!




This is what happens at our house if you try and open gifts before it's time....the whole thing is wrapped in clear packing tape......a gift to Dallin from gma and gpa McDonald...which he loves and took scissors to open...lol!

2 comments:

by: Kim said...

Merry Christmas from Kanab. I am glad to see that you got your kitchen finished before the big day.

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

You have such a beautiful family! I laughed when I read the part about your kids singing to their MP3 players! My kids have Ipods, and they do the same thing. It's so funny when they don't know all the words, but sing loud and proud anyway! It's crazy when more than one is doing it at a time, though! So glad you had a great Christmas! And... I'm glad you found my blog, too! I'll swing by and get the catalog!!! I'm so excited!