Okay this blog has become like my cyber space journal! Please bare with me on this one. Those of you who have followed my blog has read about Bro. & Sister Stewart....I have mentioned them giving us garden goods and they are also the sweet couple who were awarded the Bulldog award at Homecoming. Well this wonderful, sweet man of 83, Dr. LaMar 'Joe' Stewart (Pres. Stewart) passed away today. My heart is very sad. He is one of those men who touches a piece of you and it will stay with you forever....I have learned so very much from Bro. Stewart and his sweet, dear wife Nedra. They have been an example to me for the last 12 1/2 years. They know and acknowledge my kids every Sunday and during the week when we see them. He was truly our ward grandpa...loved by all, old and young...he will be so deeply missed. Two years ago, he called me up and said, "Sister Jackson do you like pickles?" I chuckled and said, "Sure we do!" --"Would you like to make some?" he asked me. "Well, sure. But I've never made them." I replied..."Well, Sister Jackson, would you like to learn?" The next thing I knew there was Bro. Stewart at my door with a big 'ole bag of pickling cucumbers, dill weed, a bottle of alum, and Sister Stewart's recipe for pickles. I made 15 qrts of pickles, and they were tasty! I know now how to make pickles. The last few weeks he has been very sick and in so much pain, but that didn't stop him from going to that last home football game against Juab...it was so cold, and it was an ugly game, but he was there. The bulldog's #1 Fan. He left just as the 4th qrtr started and as he walked by us group of ladies, he said,"Now you ladies cheer the boys on and we might catch up and win!" --- he said this with a chuckle...the score was pretty bad. Those were the last words I heard from him.... He went to nearly every practice and game. Was so supportive of his grandkids! 2 of whom play for Rhett. We love this family! WE will miss this amazing stalwart man. Goodbye Brother Stewart...we will miss you deeply.
Clearance Offer for Hot Selling girls Women Silicone Cushion Ring High
Level Eyelash Curling Curler Mascara Beauty Eyel
-
Cheap Price of Hot Selling girls Women Silicone Cushion Ring High Level
Eyelash Curling Curler Mascara Beauty Eyel
If You search information * Hot Selli...
6 years ago













2 comments:
What a wonderful tribute to the Stewarts! I love how your picture captured the way they were together. We will miss him...
very nice post. i was very sad to hear this news. he was a remarkable man because he not only delivered me into this world, but i always looked forward to seeing him when we were at home. he will be missed for sure.
Post a Comment